The Ford follows the course of the river Ash, passing the Village Hall and, opposite, the Ridgeway, which overlooks the village's smaller playing field. The ford that gave the hamlet its name has gone. The Ash became too deep to allow the increasing volume of traffic to cross safely and a road bridge was built in 1961 despite objections from the village.
Beside one of the two footbridges across the Ash stands 4 the village pump, which was erected by public subscription in 1880 but no longer in working order. To celebrate the Millennium, a village sign was erected by the pump, carved by local resident Brian Burton, to represent key sites in the village.
Little Hadham once boasted several pubs, shops and a full time sub-post office. The Nags Head is now the only pub and a part-time Post Office operates from the Village Hall. Local shops have been replaced by Little Hadham Farmers' Market, which takes place one a month in the Village Hall, and by stores and supermarkets in adjoining villages and towns.
The road continues to the war memorial - a favourite spot for photographers and artists - and on into the countryside to Much Hadham, passing the entrance to the Ash Valley Golf Club. Ford Hill runs east from the war memorial, through Acremore Street to Bury Green. Chapel Lane, beside the Nags Head, runs west past Pudding Row, Ford Field and New Road and on into the hamlet of Westland Green.
|Cllr Liz Lloyd-Williams|
|Cllr Tony Hoodless|
|Cllr Mary Wilkinson|
|Bowls & Badminton Clubs|
|The Ford War memorial|
|Dedication of the Ford War memorial|
|Those named on The Ford War memorial|
|Other parish memorials|
|War Memorial references|
|Bury Green Farm|
|Minutes 2014 - 2019|
|Minutes 2008 - 2013|
|Minutes 2006 to 2007|